3 Weeks to Better Balance
Better Balance and Fall Prevention after 50
What you'll get:
- Measurably improve your balance, flexibility, and stability.
- Feel safe and secure knowing that you won't trip or fall unexpectedly.
- Walk, hike, dance, play and move with confidence in your body and your balance.
Improve your balance safely and easily with Balance For Life's comprehensive three week program, perfect for anyone over 50.
This course includes:
- Safety & Fall Prevention Checklist
- Balance, Strength & Flexibility Assessment
- Three Week Training Curriculum - Over 5.5 Hours of content
- Bonus Videos and Extra Resources
- 3 Week Exercise Tracking Sheet
- Email Reminders (optional)
Imagine being stronger, quicker and more graceful than you have felt for years.
When you are young, balance is an automatic reflex and you can quickly recover from a trip or stand up after a fall. However, studies show that balance naturally begins to decline after age 40 and one in three people aged 65 will suffer a fall.
Your balance is regulated by 5 Factors:
- Muscle Mass and Strength
- Proprioception (The ability to feel the body in space)
- Inner Ear
Changes linked to growing older or sedentary lifestyles affect all of these areas:
- Weaker eyesight
- Slower reflexes
- Weak and stiff muscles and joints
- Poor circulation (leads to lack of physical sensation)
- Vertigo / Dizziness (due to deposits or crystals in inner ear)
As you get older you may exercise less, gain weight, and start to feel less confident in your body and your balance.
However, the good news is that with a proper exercise and mindfulness program, almost anyone can improve their balance.
Balance for Life blends the best of yoga, tai chi, qi gong and functional fitness into a comprehensive system that includes the support of a Bo Yoga Balance Bar; a unique prop which assists with leverage, balance and stability.
Nate Guadagni, the founder of Bo Yoga, brings over a decade of experience into this program and will lead you through daily exercises that are fun, challenging and effective.
Content and Overview
- Safety and Fall Prevention Checklist will make sure that you are doing everything safely. You will learn how to fall properly and how to get up after a fall. Also you'll find out how to fall-proof your home and eliminate common risks.
- Balance, Strength and Flexibility Assessment will allow you to check your body and balance measurably and precisely before, during and at the end of your course. A special formula is included which shows the percent of improvement from week to week and from the beginning to the end of the course.
- Three Week Training Curriculum includes step-by-step instructions for each day of the week as well as special Bonus Videos! You will learn yoga, Tai Chi, qi gong, dance and functional fitness as well as a full body tune up and lifestyle practices like hiking, driving and cleaning.
- Variety and Options for each exercise! Mikey and Nate will show you alternatives if something is too hard, too easy, too fast or too slow. You'll be able to see different angles at the same time since we will both in each video at once.
- 3 Week Exercise Tracking Sheet Print out the exercise tracking sheet to keep you on track! You will be able to see your progress and know exactly what is coming next. Complete with a weekly calendar, you can schedule your training for your course easily.
- Email Reminders Everyone forgets even with the best of intentions. We will send you a daily reminder for the first 3 weeks of the course. It will give you links to the videos so you never go searching for them and encouragement for when you doing feel like doing the exercises!
- Anyone who wants to improve their balance.
- Anyone over 40 years old.
- Anyone who has suffered an unexpected fall.
- Not for those looking for a high intensity workout.
Imagine walking, hiking, dancing, climbing and playing with renewed confidence in the power and stability of your own body.
Join us for the next three weeks, and we'll show you how!
Founder Nate Guadagni has over 13 years of experience teaching yoga, qi gong, functional fitness, and meditation.
He is the creator of Bo Yoga®, a gentle form of mindful movement which blends yoga, qi gong, and meditation.
He is the inventor of the Balance Bar prop; a flexible, padded staff that makes yoga safer and more accessible.
After seeing first hand the shockingly fast decline in his Grandma’s health after she broke her femur from a fall, he knew that he must help others prevent losing their loved ones prematurely.
He is an RYT – 500 Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance and a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists. He is currently completing his 200hr Holden Qi Gong Teacher Training Course with internationally recognized teacher Lee Holden.
He is the author of Bo Yoga, Taking Yoga Further as well as 3 DVDs and multiple online courses. He leads Instructor Trainings, national retreats and workshops.
Nate lives in the scenic Portland, Oregon with his wife Roya where they spend as much time possible hiking mountains and chasing waterfalls.
Mikey Latteri has been practicing and teaching Tai Chi for over 12 years and is dedicated to the whole health of his students and clients.
He is the co-founder of the Kundalini Center which is dedicated to promoting personal, community and global health through nutrition, gardening and wellness practices.
While studying medicine at the Oregon Health and Science University he saw firsthand the physical, emotional and financial devastation that falls can cause to families. He vowed to help people avoid ending up in surgery and rehab by promoting prevention through “pre-hab” and resilience training.
He lives in Portland, Oregon and loves to stay active with soccer, gardening, volunteering, hiking and camping in the great Pacific Northwest
PreviewBalance Assessment (6:51)
StartFlexibility Assessment - Hamstrings (2:29)
StartFlexibility Assessment - Spine (2:10)
StartFlexibility Assessment - Shoulders (2:51)
StartFlexibility Assessment - Back (2:31)
StartStrength Assessment - Sit to Stand (5:53)
StartStrength Assessment - Calf Raises (3:34)
StartStrength Assessment - Wall Push Ups (5:16)